Wednesday 23 May 2012

Baby's christening

Last Saturday I attended a baby's christening, in which Chris' parents are Godparents to the little girl. It was my first time at a christening so I was pretty excited to see the rituals carried out at the ceremony. It was held at a beautiful Greek Orthodox Church in Marrickville. The walls, ceiling and stage (is that what you call the front section where the priests stand?) are decorated with paintings of Greek Gods and their religious symbols.

After the christening we went to a reception place, also in Marrickville, to celebrate the baby girl's 1st birthday. There was so much food that I was glad I wore a skirt with an elastic waist band!

Photo opportunity outside the church before
everyone else arrived

Wearing one of my favourite outfits: Forcast skirt,
rose mesh top & gold metal belt (hidden behind clutch) 
from ebay, Novo heels, Asos envelope clutch, &
Michael Kors watch

Church interior

Paintings on the ceiling

The biggest 1st birthday party I've ever been to!

The kids had their own special table near the jumping castle

Birthday girl with her parents & Godparents

Pretty bomboniere prepared by Chris' Mum

Of course at a Greek event there was Greek dancing...Opa!


No comments:

Post a Comment